- The biggest family-themed New Year's Eve event is US Bank Eve. Held at 6 Madison venues, there's something fun for every family member. Complete details, hours, pricing, here.
- Enjoy a New Year's Eve walk at the UW-Arboretum on Friday, 12/31/10 from 6:30 to 8 pm. "The Visitor Center will be open from 6-8:30 p.m. The walk begins at 6:30. After the walk, join us for a cup of hot chocolate as we welcome the New Year in a quiet, peaceful way."
- If you haven't gone yet, be sure to visit the annual Holiday in Lights display at Olin-Turville Park this weekend, as it ends on January 2nd.
- The new Waunakee DeForest ice rink will be open for New Year's Eve ice skating! Family skate is from 6 - 8 pm, and teen skate lock-in is from 9-12:15. Details here.
- If you want to experience free outdoor ice skating, take a look at the all-inclusive listing that was put together by Madison on the Cheap. Seven outdoor skating rinks, hours, and particulars here.
- Madison Home Depot is offering their monthly Kids Workshop on Saturday, 1/1/11 from 11 am to 2 pm. This month's project is a battery organizer. Free. For ages 5-12. Details.
- Bodies...The Exhibition at Hilldale Mall closes on January 2nd. If this is something that interests your children, make a visit this weekend. Note: Currently, there is a coupon on the website to obtain tickets for $16 through 12/31.
- Winter Wonder Week continues through 12/31 at Madison Children's Museum. Complete activity listing.
Happy Weekend, Madison!
To receive future articles by Deborah Nies, scroll to the top of this article, and click on SUBSCRIBE. Your e-mail address will not be shared with anyone else.
Tired of going to the same old places? Want to take the road less traveled? Click here to enjoy Madison Hidden Adventures.