Especially for the kids and their families this weekend:
- Playtime Productions ends its run of "The Emperor's New Clothes" with two final performances this weekend. Friday, 12/10 - McFarland High School 7 pm; Saturday, 12/11 Stoughton Opera House 1 pm. Pricing and details.
- The Waisman Center Children's Theatre welcomes Trinity Irish Dancers for an Irish step dancing performance Sunday, 12/12/10 at 1 pm.
- Kids aged 6-10 years are invited to MMoCA to Kids' Art Adventures at 1 pm on Sunday, 12/12/10. This month's theme: "Tiny bowls of food and other miniature objects made of modeling clay celebrate—in reverse—the Clayton Brothers’ oversized Jumbo Fruit imagery."
- Enjoy a family winter walk at the UW-Arboretum on Sunday, 12/12/10 from 1:30 to 2:30 pm. "Our Feathered Friends: Because birds are easier to spot in the winter, this is a good time for youngsters to learn about them. Join the naturalist for a short walk to find our feathered friends."
- The UW-Space Place offers a one-hour Saturday Science workshop called "Wonders of Physics" on Saturday, December 11th at 10 a.m. According to the website: "Join us for more physics fun and experiments.” For children aged 6-10. Free. (Limited to first 50 people.)
- The Overture Center's Kids in the Rotunda returns on Saturday, 12/11/10. A long-time Madison favorite, this is a great way to spend a Saturday morning with your children of all ages. This Saturday enjoy banjos and bluegrass with the Okee Dokee Brothers! Shows are at 9:30 AM, 11 AM & 1 PM. Complete schedule.
- If you haven't gone yet, be sure to visit the annual Holiday in Lights display at Olin-Turville Park this weekend.
- Head to Hilldale Shopping Center to visit Santa, walk-through a life-size gingerbread house and view the amazing gingerbread houses (Casas for CASA) on display. Read more.
- It's time again for Pump It Up's Parent's Night Out on Friday, 12/10/10 from 6 pm to 9 pm. "Drop the kids off at a Pump It Up for a night of jumping, games, art, pizza, and lots of fun and laughter, while you enjoy a relaxing night off." $20.00 per child ages 3-10, $15.00/sibling.
Happy Weekend, Madison!
Missed some past Parenting Tweens articles?
To receive future articles by Deborah Nies, scroll to the top of this article, and click on SUBSCRIBE. Your e-mail address will not be shared with anyone else.
Tired of going to the same old places? Want to take the road less traveled? Click here to enjoy Madison Hidden Adventures.