Especially for the kids and their families this weekend:
- The Friends of Mirror Lake State Park near Wisconsin Dells is holding a Candlelight Ski, Hike and Snowshoe event on Saturday, 1/8/11 from 6 - 8 pm. Illuminated trails, roaring bonfires, and refreshments will be available. Learn how to cross country ski and snowshoe from 2 to 4 pm on the same day. Details here. Location: E10320 Fern Dell Road, Baraboo, WI. State Park sticker required for entry.
- Enjoy a winter family walk at the UW-Arboretum on Sunday, 1/9/11 from 1:30 to 2:30 pm. "All About Snow: Snow comes in many forms, and it is said that no two snowflakes are alike. Even if there is no snow on the ground, the naturalist will help families explore the nature of snow."
- Round up the family and head to Sauk City to enjoy a bald eagle watching tour. The tours begin 1/8 and will continue every Saturday through 2/19/11. Complete details here.
- The UW-Space Place offers a one-hour Saturday Science workshop called "Static Electricity" on Saturday, January 8th at 10 a.m. According to the website: "This is the time of year when your hair stands on end! Build an electroscope and discover how different materials react to static electricity.” For children aged 6-10. Free. (Limited to first 50 people.)
- The Overture Center's Kids in the Rotunda returns on Saturday, 1/8/11. A long-time Madison favorite, this is a great way to spend a Saturday morning with your children of all ages. This Saturday enjoy rock and roll with The Madgadders! Shows are at 9:30 AM, 11 AM & 1 PM. Complete schedule.
Happy Weekend, Madison!
Missed some past Parenting Tweens articles?
To receive future articles by Deborah Nies, scroll to the top of this article, and click on SUBSCRIBE. Your e-mail address will not be shared with anyone else.
Tired of going to the same old places? Want to take the road less traveled? Click here to enjoy Madison Hidden Adventures.