I got this email from the GOP asking me to support their suing the President for his overreaching power. Why I am on the recipient list? Well, it is because I am not always in the President’s corner. That is because I am an independent journalist to the point of declaring that I am without a party. I don’t believe in political parties. I am a party of none.
So, the Republicans make five declarations in their proposed suit.
1. Unconstitutionally made radical changes to ObamaCare
If the President made changes to the Affordable Care Act on the fly to make it work, one might hope that Congress was taking notes. The reason President Obama made adjustments was to make the law perform acceptably because Congress wasn’t keeping up and doing its job. Congressional Republicans sought to undermine the law that was passed and on the books. That is not faithfully executing their jobs. If they didn’t like some aspects of the law, their job was to amend it. They failed to do that. Can Americans sue Congress? No, but we can vote them out in the midterms.
2. Unconstitutionally forced through job killing new EPA regulations on the American people
Republicans wanted us to believe that global warming was a myth and not scientifically proven. They were wrong. Why did they do that? Because they put profit before the environment. Clean air and water are essential to supporting humanity, but Republicans are so shortsighted they don’t get it. The President did his job as did the EPA. When the GOP sued, the courts upheld the President, therefore the GOP squandered precious resources doing nothing.
3. Unconstitutionally increased what taxpayers pay to federal contractors
The executive branch has the discretion to pay federal contractors and to set schedules through the procurement process. Most federal contractors are small businesses that Republicans say they champion. So, what are they talking about?
4. Unconstitutionally waived the statutory work requirements for welfare
Obama made a practical adjustment that a delinquent Congress failed to do.
5. Unconstitutionally created bureaucratic programs not authorized by Congress
Obama may have done that too under executive prerogative. Since Congress can’t get things done such as immigration reform that has manifested into a national security issue, what in the world are they doing suing the President. That is ridiculous.
Speaker Boehner and House Republicans are suing President Obama for his unconstitutional overreach and abuse of power.
This Imperial President’s unprecedented disregard for the Constitution and desire for more power has reached a new low.
Obama has ignored and selectively enforced the law. And he has repeatedly created new laws unilaterally. It’s unconstitutional — it must be stopped.
President Obama has:
- Unconstitutionally made radical changes to ObamaCare
- Unconstitutionally forced through job killing new EPA regulations on the American people
- Unconstitutionally increased what taxpayers pay to federal contractors
- Unconstitutionally waived the statutory work requirements for welfare
- Unconstitutionally created bureaucratic programs not authorized by Congress
It’s time we stand up to President Obama — and it’s time we stop his total disregard for the Constitution and rule of law.
The U.S. Constitution outright declares that the President “shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed.” Yet, President Obama has not.
That is why House Republicans are launching a lawsuit against President Obama. And we need you by our side.
Add your name today in support of House Republicans’ lawsuit against President Obama.
RNC Deputy Chief of Staff”
Just say no.