What did we ever do before Google? In the past month this travel writer, jet-setter has used the world’s most popular web site to:
- Find the best price on a First Class flight to Hawaii (Delta)
- Find an interisland flight in Hawaii (Island Air)
- Find a cruise from Los Angeles to Rio (Crystal)
- Find hotels and information in and for Hawaii (Andaz Maui, Sheraton Maui, Kaanapali Alii)
- Find information about hotels throughout the world (for LA Travel Diva Examiner.com)
- Get the correct spelling of several words (just ask “how do you spell” and fill in the word and Google does it for you.
- Find photos for articles via Getty Images
- Rental cars (Hertz)
- Get news of the world
- Find a long lost friend
- Find health information
- To learn about paddleboarding
- To find snow conditions around the world
It is pretty amazing that there was a time, not that long ago, that we didn’t have the resources of Google. And now the company has announced that it is actually working on making on-line research even easier and more effective. It’s hard to believe it can get any better than this.