Over the years Google has been working hard to make its OS more users friendly. But by doing so it has been criticized that it has not paid much focus on developers and their revenue stream. Report has earlier suggested that iOS developers in fact get paid at a much higher manner as compared to their android counterparts. But as Google has applied privacy services in place to ensure that paid applications are not reverse engineered, users have been forced to install applications from a legitimate source. This has not only lowered malware threats infused by these malicious apps but also helped developers get their applications worth.
In a new report by BI Intelligence it has been stated that it’s no longer the case, that there is no money to be made in Android. Taking into account factors like advertising, mobile commerce, and other fees, Android merely lags Apple by an inch. Report emphasizes also on how Android developers can boost monetization. Android-land is wagon full of opportunities and Google has been optimizing its plans for the betterment of developers.
- Foremost there are plurality of Android devices, 45 percent running Jelly Bean, and older versions are being updated through Google Play services. The strategy of updating phones through its own software also means the platform can phase out fragmentation easily.
- Advertising is another dominant revenue source for Android developers, and there's a real opportunity here since ad rates are still lower on Android than iOS.
- Android runs on 76 percent of mobile devices and 80 percent of smartphones. Like windows, android is known as the leader in mobile computing, which means that its future holds more revenue opportunities.
As Android evolves further, it is adding more and more features that define mobility and make it easier for developers to create more intuitive applications.
- Optimization Tips to analyze how an app is performing in the Play Store and optimize it for its tablet version or launch it in a native language. App Translator Service is a translation service where developers can change language within the apps through their Developer Console, so it’s easy to sell in international market.
- Referral and Usage Tracking puts Google Analytics into Developer Console. Based on Play Store views, Referral Tracking measures the conversion efficiency of each promotional channel.
- Revenue Graphs provide a number of different edges for revenue production based on time and country.
- Beta Testing and Staged Rollouts versions of an app can be alpha or beta tested using Developer Console. These tests are limited to Google Groups and Google plus Communities, which review Google Play store and keep informed about negative alpha and beta experiences.
Over and all Google has shown its determinations to create a more efficient, faster application database which would result in higher revenue stream for mobile apps development company and developers. As Google work in collaboration with developers and bring more intuitive services like Android Studio that is to be released in the near future, developers would get a more enhanced tool set that would result in more engaging applications.