It's that time of year, when search engine giant Google releases its report of the most frequently searched for diets. And for 2013, the winners range from the Paleo diet to juice cleanses to ketogenic to Mediterranean, reported the Huffington Post on Dec. 17.
For trending diets, the list features:
- 1. Paleo Diet: This plan was used by Chaz Bono to shed 85 pounds: Read all about it by clicking here. It also helped Christina Aguilera shed pounds: Learn more by clicking here. And when it comes to scoring, Kobe Bryant and the Lakers got pumped with Paleo: Read the details here.
- 2. Juice Cleanse Diet: Although it's popular among celebrities, Dr. Mehmet Oz warns that some are taking it too far: Read about juicerexia by clicking here.
- 3. Mediterranean Diet: A new study shows that you can use it for weight loss by timing your meals: Learn more by clicking here.
- 4. Master Cleanse Diet: Lindsay Lohan tried to use it to shed 20 pounds in 20 days: Read about her weight loss attempt by clicking here.
- 5. Ketogenic Diet: This low carb, high fat, high protein diet became popular when Kim Kardashian shed her baby weight using the plan. It's also been shown in studies to win for weight loss: Read a physician's explanation by clicking here. In addition, some sports pros are using it: Read about an Australian sports star's ketogenic diet by clicking here.
- 6. Okinawa Diet
- 7. Omnivore Diet
- 8. Fruitarian Diet
- 9. Pescetarian Diet
- 10. Flexitarian Diet
In addition, people looked up the calories of specific foods, with the most popular searches:
- 1. Eggs
- 2. Banana
- 3. Beer
- 4. Oatmeal
- 5. Sugar
- 6. Sushi
- 7. Wine
- 8. Popcorn
- 9. Coffee
- 10. Avocado