The game is called “Bomb Gaza,” and until yesterday it was available for download at Google’s Play Store. The game, which simulates Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip, was removed after a flurry of comments expressing outrage were posted to Google’s app store review page and elsewhere.
NBC News reports that the game had been downloaded some 1,000 times since its July 29 launch. adding:
“Bomb Gaza,” developed by PlayFTW, … simulates the ongoing conflict between Israel and the Islamist group Hamas, which dominates the Palestinian territory. Players drop bombs from a fighter jet while dodging missiles from Hamas fighters in black and green masks. “We remove apps from Google Play that violate our policies,” a Google spokesperson said in a statement to NBC News. Google has rules that prohibit content that amounts to hate speech, bullying and violence and lets users flag abusive content. Masahable reported that Google also removed a second game, “Gaza Assault: Code Red,” which allowed users to target terrorist cells hidden within Gaza.
I for one am unclear as to who Google viewed as the target of the hate speech and the bully in this particular instance. Israel has been wrongly accused by the mainstream media and our own State Department.of any number of crimes against humanity in its efforts to defend itself.
- State Dept. condemns ‘disgraceful shelling’ that wasn’t a shelling and didn’t hit UN school
- Do Democrats regret stripping anti-Hamas language from their 2012 platform?
- Hamas defenders: ‘Calling them terrorists is racist’
- Israeli analyst: Hamas has 3,000 elite soldiers ready to die in suicide attacks on Israel
- It would be pointless for Israel to share Iron Dome with Hamas anyway
- Hamas breaks cease-fire; Iran seeks destruction of Israel
- Hamas’s child labor fatalities
- BREAKING Hamas breaks ceasefire in record time; kidnaps Israeli soldier, kills two others