Google rolled out on Wednesday major updates for the profiles and pages of its social network.
Users can now take advantage of a larger cover photo (up to 2120 by 1192 pixels), which displays in 16x9 when fully expanded. They also have a revamped "About" section to play with. The page consists of cards that can be edited individually in colourful popup windows.
Other updates include:
- A new "Reviews" tab in the menu section. The tab can be hidden via settings -- click the wheel icon under your cover photo, then scroll down to "Profile".
- Album cards in the "Photos" area. They list information like the number of photos, the date they were taken and privacy settings.
- The ability to add skills to your profile. The section is located in the "Work" card of your "About" page.
- Tweaks to the new Google+ Page Dashboard.
On Wednesday, Google also announced improvements to the calling interface in Hangouts:
- There's now a proper keypad, so you can navigate phone menus as necessary, and end the call with a single click
- If you're the person who placed the call, you'll see information like call duration, and cost per minute
(Source: Jordanna Chord on Google+)
Did you notice the changes? If so, what do you think?