Intro: I learned how to make cheddar cheese grits with garlic at a young age. When you grow up in a diner family, good breakfast recipes like this are pretty much standard issue. With a mom from Missouri, that means I learned how to make some tasty southern grits that I bake in a grits casserole that I love to eat by themselves or with breakfast foods like rolls, muffins, Canadian bacon dishes or breakfast casseroles.
Other Good Breakfast Ideas
How to Make Cheese Grits
- 2 c. of grits
- 6 c. of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp of white pepper
- 1/2 c. of milk
- 4 eggs beaten (large)
- 1 stick of butter unsalted
- 15-oz of cubed cheddar
- Grated Parmesan and Romano
- Jalapeños (optional)
Instructions for the Cheddar Cheese Grits:
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the broth onto boil along with the seasonings.
- Add the grits to the mixture and whisk them until they are completely saturated by the broth.
- Reduce the heat of the grits down to low and drop in the cubed cheddar chunks plus the milk. Stir the mixture together.
- Stir in the butter and eggs, doing so gradually so that they don't lump up in the cheddar cheese grits recipe.
- Pour the grits mixture into your casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan and Romano cheeses plus extra cheddar.
Good Breakfast Recipes Tips:
You can add some jalapeño slices to this recipe if you want a slightly spicy nip. If you do, add them into the garlic cheese grits mixture while it's still on the stove. Do this at the end of the boiling stage.