Wella Professionals was used tonight on styling celebrities Julie Bowen (styled by Jill Crosby), Isla Fisher (styled by Sascha Breuer), Kristen Wiig (styled by Alex Polillo) and Lucy Liu (styled by Wella Celebrity Stylist Andy LeCompte) at the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel. Below are the step-by-steps for all four ladies.
Modern Family’s Julie Bowen styled by celebrity stylist Jill Crosby using Wella Professionals
The Look: Julie likes to feel comfortable and like herself when walking the red carpet, so Jill created a textured chignon knot that embodies her natural, yet modern style. Julie is wearing a one-shouldered gown, which balances this deconstructed hairstyle.
Here’s how Jill created Julie’s look:
1. Starting with wet hair, Jill worked in a quarter-sized amount of Wella Professionals Enrich Straight Leave In Cream focusing on the ends to infuse moisture and “bring hair back to life.”
2. Then rake through three pumps of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to prime the hair, leaving it a smooth texture, before blow drying with a large round brush. While blow drying, focus on adding volume and lifting the roots.
3. Once dry, she then sprayed Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray throughout and Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray at the roots for added lift and matte finish to achieve the deconstructed look.
4. Using a flatiron, she straightened pieces of the hair at her fringe and underneath the length of her hair near the nape of her neck. The interior of the hair was then back combed for added volume. Fringe is side-swept and secured in the front.
5. Hair was separated into two sections and then pulled toward the middle of the back of her head into a knotted chignon, then secured into place with pins hidden underneath the knot.
6. The look was finished with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray sprayed throughout to set the style.
Actress Isla Fisher styled by celebrity stylist Sascha Breuer using Wella Professionals
The Look: Isla’s gorgeous, glamourously detailed Reem Acra dress helped for a modern take of Veronica Lake’s iconic style, which was the influence for her soft, touchable iconic waves.
Here’s how Sascha created Isla’s look:
1. First, hair was washed and conditioned with Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner
2. Hair was gently towel dried, and then Wella Professionals Elastic Energy Mousse was combed through the hair using a wide toothed comb to give the look staying power and irresistible definition
3. Blow-dry the hair using a large round brush and direct the nozzle upwards for added root-lift. Ensure the hairdryer isn’t too hot, which can cause it to dry out and break, giving you frizz.
4. Once the hair is completely dry, create a low side parting for added glam and section the hair into manageable pieces.
5. Starting at the front and working backwards, wrap sections of hair around a medium-sized heated curling iron and secure each curled section with pins or clips.
6. Spray the pinned hair lightly with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray and leave to cool.
7. When the hair is completely cool, release the curled sections, remove all the grips and smooth through with your hands to loosen the ringlets. Use a large soft brush gently brush through the curls to create smooth soft waves.
8. Add a few drops of Wella Professionals Mirror Polish Shine Serum, which will work wonders to add the right level of smoothness and glossy shine to your hair.
9. To finish, spritz Wella Stay Essential Finishing Spray for lasting but flexible hold.
Actress and Presenter Kristen Wiig styled by celebrity stylist Alex Polillo using Wella Professionals
The Look: “For the Golden Globes,” says Alex, “I wanted a little Rock n roll, slightly wild feel for Kristen's hair. This style goes perfectly with her chic black gown and simple clean jewelry.”
Here’s how Alex created Kristen’s look:
1. First, wet hair was prepped with Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse at the root and Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray was applied to the ends
2. The hair was then parted roughly to one side, and blown dry with a small round brush
3. Next, two different sized curling irons were used to wave 1” strands away from the face, while leaving the ends free
4. Each section was sprayed lightly with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray for soft, touchable hold
5. After all the waves had set, a pea-sized amount of Wella Professionals Texture Touch was used to gently separate the waves
6. Lastly, spritz select pieces of the hair with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray for a natural-looking yet long lasting hold
Actress and Presenter Lucy Liu styled by Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy LeCompte
The Look: Lucy demonstrated “perfect imperfection” because there is a slight messiness to balance her feminine Marie Antoinette inspired dress. Andy says that for braids, it's best to do it on 1-2 day old hair because it's easier to grip and create texture vs. clean hair.
Here’s how Andy created Lucy’s look:
1. First, dry hair was prepped with small amount of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier Style Primer
2. Then, Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Hairspray was applied to create texture at the root and length of hair
3. A deep side part was created, and the hair was french braided down each side of the head and the two braids merged at the bottom, slightly to the side so the braid hangs over the shoulder.
4. Placing one braid over the other, the ends of the hair were then flipped through the hole of the two braids
5. Then, merge the two braids into one fishtail at the bottom, and use Wella Professionals Rugged Fix on the ends for a rugged texture.
6. Finish the look with Wella Professionals Stay Essential for a lasting, flexible hold