At the 2014 Golden Globes, there were beautiful stars all around. Unfortunately, some of these gorgeous people may have made some fashion mistakes at this year’s award show event. Here is a short list of the worst dressed stars at the Golden Globe Awards in a descending order.
5. Zooey Deschanel - The “New Girl” actress wore a matronly beige dress with a way too old looking matching over jacket. The top jacket is what really made this look not work, invoking the memory of a grandmother’s church clothes.
4. Melissa McCarthy - The “Mike and Molly” actress looked particularly unglamorous in a robe-like dress at the Golden Globes this year. While there are many ways to look great as a full figured woman, McCarthy broke a major rule of fashion. Don’t just drape yourself in fabric to hide your imperfections, or you will only appear larger.
3. Kaley Cuoco - The “Big Bang Theory” star wore a gown that looked like it was constructed from a set of drapes from the 80s. Large printed floral fabrics are not forgiving in the best constructed dresses, and this one is just awful.
2. Drew Barrymore - The usually fashion forward Drew Barrymore showed off her baby bump in a dated busy gown. Barrymore would have looked much better without the hideous “petal” embroidery in her Golden Globes dress.
1. Paula Patton - The worst dress of the night award at the Golden Globes goes to Paula Patton. I don’t know what Paula was thinking when she chose this monstrosity. The pale tight full length dress with a strange gigantic pile of ruffles on one side was the strangest gown at the 2014 Golden Globes.
Check out the slideshow of worst dressed celebrities in the slideshow!
Follow me on Twitter.