The 2014 Golden Globes Awards took place in Los Angeles, California on Sunday, January 12. Many of Hollywood's most revered stars were in attendance to accept awards. Many were honored by merely being nominated for their outstanding work. The phenomenal celebrity hair stylist Mark Townsend provides readers with the "How-To" achieve Emilia Clarke's (Games of Thrones) look worn at the event. Townsend used the new line of Dove Oxygen products. There is no better place than a red carpet event to test out new hair products for such a special occasion.
Mark Townsend shares his thoughts on his How-To for Emilia Clarke, Games of Thrones:
“I was so inspired by Emilia's Proenza Schouler gown. The mix of embroideries looked like movement, so I wanted her hair to move beautifully as well.”
- I started by prepping her hair by adding a few drops of the NEW Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment in her damp hair and combed through. It is loaded with African macadamia oil which is so nourishing for the hair.
- Next, I sprayed the NEW Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray to the roots and blow dried with a round brush.
- Then, I took 3-inch sections of hair and wrapped each section around a 1 1/2inch curling iron. The large barrel creates bends in the hair instead of curls.
- When all the hair had been through the iron, I sprayed Oribe Dry Texture Spray all over to give the hair great texture.
- I finished by taking a few more drops of the new Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment in my hands and then raked it through her hair to give the hair tons of shine without weighing it down.
Be sure to test the new products from the Dove Oxygen line. For more information on Mark Townsend, please visit his official website: www.starworksartists.com/hair/mark-townsend/bio/. You can follow the hair stylist via Twitter: twitter.com/marktownsend1.