January 16, 2011 at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA was a night of not only incredible talent, but also gorgeous and breath-taking fashion. The most popular trends of the night were pink, red, and emerald green gowns - as well as the ever popular and stunning black. Some other noticeable trends at the Golden Globes were flower or bow embellishments on the gowns; statement shoes which are also going to be popular for Spring 2011; long sleeved dresses bearing shoulder pads and open backs. When it came to the hair, heavy bangs as well as loose waves were all the rage among the celebrities of the evening. The makeup was fairly simple, ranging from a smoky eye and a nude lip or a red lip with light makeup.
My top five women for the Golden Globes 2011 fashion best dressed goes to these starlets:
1) Sofia Vergara in a siren red Vera Wang gown that hugged her in all the right places. She looked absolutely stunning.
2) Angelina Jolie in a Versace emerald and sequin dress.
3) Olivia Wilde in Marchesa - she definitely earned her title as a Princess!
4) Natalie Portman - the newly engaged and pregnant actress looked like a Valentine in a drapey Viktor & Rolf strapless gown.
5) Lea Michele wearing a pink Oscar de la Renta number in a blushy shade of pink that complimented her dark hair and features.
Some of my other favorites of the night were Julie Bowen, Anne Hathaway, January Jones, Piper Perabo, Christina Hendricks, Dianna Agron, Nicole Kidman, and Catherine Zeta Jones.
As there are always favorites, my least favorite dresses for the evening were Leighton Meester, Michelle Williams, Christina Aguilera, and Tilda Swinton.
Be sure to check out the slideshow for pictures of these beauties! Also for more Golden Globes 2011 coverage go: