The gilded Golden Door spa in Escondido, California, continues to change with its new ownership/management. The latest innovation at the world-famous health and fitness resort is an Advisory Team on Health (PATH) to “curate the areas of nutrition, exercise physiology, longevity, skin health and stress management,” according to a press release received today from the company. “These nationally-recognized advisors include luminaries of publishing, academics, television personalities and award-winning authors.”
"We are establishing our first ever Advisory Team because of the critical importance of nutrition in the Body, Mind and Soul triumvirate," says Kathy Van Ness, Chief Operating Officer and general manager of the Golden Door. "We are continuing Golden Door's tradition of innovation within the spa industry by assembling this unprecedented collection of experts. The combined knowledge of our high-caliber Team will provide our guests with the best possible nutritional guidance as well as advice on heart health, beauty, fitness and overall wellness."
The team will be supervised by in-house dietitian and nutritionist, Susan Piergeorge, who says, "The good news for our guests is that there is a wealth of information available regarding healthy eating – the bad news is that there is a wealth of information available regarding healthy eating." "The data, studies and opinions vary widely and create a confusing information overload. The goal of our Professional Advisory Team is to help boil down all the information, separating the wheat from the chaff, or given all the confusion about wheat itself, perhaps I should say 'separating the wheat from the wheat.'"
Advisory Team PATH members are:
- Alyse Levine MS, RD - Founder of Nutritionbite LLC, a top ranked nutrition consulting practice based inLos Angeles.
- Annette Shafer - Author, “The Wine Sense Diet” and owner of Nourish Napa Valley.
- Joy Bauer MS, RD, CDN - Nutrition and health expert for NBC's TODAY show and monthly columnist forWoman's Day magazine.
- Kathie Davis - Co-founder and executive director of IDEA Health & Fitness Association.
- Len Kravitz, PhD - Program Coordinator of Exercise Science and Research at the University of New Mexico.
- David S Finn, MD - Medical Director of the Mass General Medical Group at the Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Dr. Debra J. Rose, PhD - Professor in the Department of Kinesiology at California State University, Fullerton, and Director of the Center for Successful Aging.
- Dr. E. Lee Rice, DO, FAAFP, FAOASM - Founder & Chief Executive Officer of the Lifewellness Institute.
- Dr. Judith Orloff, MD - Assistant clinical professor of Psychiatry at UCLA and author of the New York Times bestseller Emotional Freedom.
- Dr. Rachelle Amini Robinson - Licensed Clinical Psychologist.
- Dr. Tomer Anbar - Director of the Global Pain Institute and Founder and first Director of the Multidisciplinary Pain Rehabilitation Program at Scripps Health.
- Dr. Ava Shamban – “Extreme Makeover” dermatologist and Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the UCLA-Geffen School of Medicine.
- Deborah Madison - American chef, cooking teacher and author of Vegetable Literacy.
- Dr. Judith Reichman - Attending physician in gynecology at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.