You buy a product take it home and bam they hit you right in the face...warning labels. In the American capitalistic society warning labels are prevalent on almost every product imaginable. A good many labels are the result of law suits brought on people who have misused the product and have gotten injured. When the company loses the law suit they affix a warning label on their product to insure they don't get sued again by someone who misuses the product in the same manner.
Here are some of the more humorous warning labels;
- On a bag of peanuts, "Warning this bag contains peanuts."
- On a hot cup of coffee, "Warning, contents extremely hot."
- On a ladder, "Warning, do not stand of the ladder."
- On a chainsaw, "Warning do not hold wrong end of the chainsaw."
- On a push lawnmower, "Warning this lawnmower is not be used to trim bushes."
- On a knife, "Warning, contains sharp edges."
While warning labels are not a replacement for common sense in today's society they have become a necessity because of people who seem to have forgotten to use a little common sense when dealing with the proper care and use of everyday products.
God in his infinite wisdom, knew his creation (man) would have penance for not acting wisely so he left a book filled with warning labels as well wisdom.
Here are some of God's warning labels:
- Proverbs 29:11, "A fool always loses his temper."
- Proverbs 29:22, "An angry man stirs up strife"
- Proverbs 12:1, "He who hates reproof is stupid."
- Proverbs 12:11, "He who follows worthless pursuits lacks sense."
- Proverbs 13:17, "A wicked messenger falls into trouble."
And one final warning label from Proverbs which covers the whole Bible,Proverbs 13:13 "Whoever despises the word brings destruction on himself."
The Book of Proverbs is full of God's warning labels as well as His wisdom but so is the whole Bible however the key to any warning label is to read the label and then heed the advice.
Proverbs 12:15, "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice."