Did you know that Tequila is a regional specific name for a distilled beverage made from the blue agave plant, primarily in the area surrounding the city of Tequila, northwest of Guadalajara, and in the highlands of the north western Mexican state of Jalisco? *
No? Then amigos, it’s time for a lesson in Tequila…..
Ortega 120 hostsTequila University the first Tuesday of every month from 7 to 9 p.m.
Named one of the ‘Top 30 Things to Do in LA’ by Where Magazine, the event is hosted by award-winning mixologist and tequila aficionado Demi Stevens.
Every month a different tequila company is featured.
Attendees will receive:
- a history of tequila and how it is made
- a brief history of how the featured tequila is produced and its background
- chips, salsa, guacamole
- tacos and churros to be paired with the featured tequila
- a tasting of the featured tequila
- one of Ortega 120’s award-winning 120 House Margaritas
- a mixology lesson in which Demi will teach the students how to make 2 of the cocktails.
The cost is only $20 per person with a required $10 deposit to be paid when making a reservation.
One of the many things you will learn is that a fine Tequila is an experience to be savored.
For additional information and to make reservations, call 310-792-4120 or visit the website at http://www.ortega120.com/.
Ortega 120 is located at 1814 South Pacific Coast Highway in Redondo Beach.
*Courtesy of Wikipedia