Enjoy going red with a delicious fruity side dish of coleslaw with your meal. Whether it’s holiday time or not adding a bright, vivid splash of color to the dinner table brightens the mood of any meal. Unlike traditional slaws that include mayonnaise adding extra fat to the salad this recipe brings a healthier version to the table for everyone.
- 1 (10 ounce) package of shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup or 1 medium red onion, finely slivered
- ½ cup of dried and tart red cherries
- ½ cup of red raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tablespoon of seedless red raspberry preserves
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cabbage, onion and cherries together.
- Then prepare the dressing in another bowl by mixing the preserves and vinaigrette together.
- Now pour the fruity dressing over the slaw mixture and toss gently until all is coated nicely.
- Serve cold, cool or at room temperature.
- Serve as a side dish with any dinner or for lunchtime with your favorite sandwich.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: