1. Life
  2. Style & Fashion
  3. Fashion Trends

Go on a Thrifting Adventure

Fabulous Finds: Wedding Dress, Goodwill; Jacket, Thrift Store, Purse, my grandmother's.

More Photos

Fabulous Thrifting Finds: Wedding Dress, Goodwill; Jacket, Thrift Store; Purse, model's own from grandmother.
Photography by Andrew Bash

Why is it we always find the best deals when we aren’t looking?

I went to Ohio to visit my family this past weekend and stopped by their local Goodwill in search of a particular picture frame. Instead, I found three pairs of heels within 15 minutes at $3.99 each! Now you must realize that I wear size 11, so fact that I found three pairs of fashionable high heels that fit perfectly in 15 minutes, at such an affordable price, is a complete miracle.

This particular Goodwill was in Beavercreek, Ohio, but check the list below for a Goodwill near you.

Times are tough and people are cleaning out their closets (including me!), so now is the time to go on a thrifting treasure hunt. Browse through fashion magazines, find items that inspire you and check your local Goodwill or independent thrift store first.

Whatever your personal fashion weakness is, thrift stores carry it. Shoes, t-shirts, jewelry, dresses, blouses, hoodies, suits, jeans, scarves, dress pants, jackets, bags, and so much more. Look and feel for your best, for less!

I can honestly say that a quarter of my entire wardrobe is from thrift stores around the world. In addition to my shoe spree the other night, I have bought an $8 wedding dress, an assortment of $3 sweaters, multiple $3 purses, and countless $1-2 pieces of vintage jewelry at local thrift stores.

Go on a thrifting adventure and you never know what you’re going to find. Prepare to get your money’s worth of fashion finds and prepare to look fabulous.

Find a Goodwill Store near you:

Indiana

National

Comments

• Amy 4 years ago

It sounds so adventurous now it makes me want to go shopping =)(or should i say "finding"?)Inspirational and so true... and gorgeous pictures!

• GaBe 4 years ago

thrift stores really are places you can find fashionable items& good deals...even though this siciety forces you ,in a way, to go and shop for the designer clothes in shopping malls...no brand no cool -at least for some people..

• Amanda C. Strosahl 4 years ago

I had a friend who could find the most amazing outfits for next to nothing. Even the store employees couldn't figure out how she found the things on their racks.

Indianapolis Healthy Living Examiner
    Sims Examiner

• Sam 4 years ago

Fabulous finds

• Aubrey 4 years ago

Wow, how do you find such great stuff at Goodwill?! I never find stuff that good! I will tell you though, Goodwill DOES always have great jewelry!

Indianapolis Literature Examiner

• Skyee 4 years ago

Amazing finds! Love the vintage bag and scarf.

• Atlanta 4 years ago

I want to go thrifting now!

Life

• Derek Hough
    Derek Hough brings quadruple threat talent to 'DWTS' and beyond
    Today's Buzz
  • Hookah smoking
    Young adults believe hookah smoking pose no health threat
    Camera
    7 Photos
  • Top outdoor activities
    Don't spend your summer indoors: Top outdoor activities to do with your significant other
    Camera
    10 Photos
  • Baby shower idea for men
    A new twist on baby showers is throwing a Daddy Baby-Q
    Camera
    7 Photos
  • Wedding special
    'Curvy Brides' offers a new look into every bride's pursuit for her picture perfect wedding gown
    Camera