The International Junior Miss Scholarship Program will now hold live state pageants for Missouri and Kansas. The pageants will be held at the Sheraton Westport Chalet in St. Louis, Missouri on Friday, April 19, 2013-Sunday April 21, 2013. Winners in each age division will then move on to compete in the National finals to be held Monday, July 22-Saturday, July 27, 2013 in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Age categories are as followed:
- Jr. Princess (Ages 4-6)
- Princess (Ages 7-9)
- Pre-Teen (Ages 10-12)
- Jr. Teen (Ages 13-15)
- Teen (Ages 16-18)
- Miss (Ages 19-24)
Age divisions are limited to average 50 contestants. The 2013 Missouri and Kansas royalty will receive $2500.00 prize money along with a crown, satin banner and trophy and special coaching to help prepare for the national pageant.
The pageant office is holding an early entry discounted room rate of $95.00 in effect until January 31, 2013. You must book in the room block so be sure and tell the hotel you are with the International Junior Miss Pageant.
The required state pageant expenses include:
- registration fee: $25
- sponsorship fee: $295 (the sponsorship fee includes all areas required competitions to win your state pageant: interview, personal introduction and evening gown).
- scholarship fund: each state contestant is required to raise or donate $50 to the IJM state pageant scholarship fund.
Payment plans are also available through the state pageant office.
There is no swimsuit competition required and a no make-up rule for girls 9 and under. Contestants age 10-12 are permitted to wear light, natural make-up.
At the National level, prizes include:
- Cash Scholarship up to $3500 (depending on number of contestants)
- Official International Junior Miss Custom Designed Rhinestone & Pearl Crown
- Official International Junior Miss Rhinestone Studded Banner
- IJM Signature Laser Etched Award & Bouquet of Roses
- Wardrobe Gift Certificate compliments of Lasting Impressions
- Gorgeous Pair of Crown Earrings compliments of the IJM Store
- Beautiful Crown Ring compliments of the IJM Store
- Beautiful Crown Pin
- Gorgeous Rhinestone Crown Bracelet compliments of the IJM Store
and much more!
There are several optional competitions including photogenic, casual wear, spokesmodel, and talent. These competitions have no bearing on the overall scores and are offered to give each contestant a chance to showcase her special interests and talents.
For more information on competitions, prizes and awards, or to sign up, please visit International Junior Miss.