The Brewers GM was stung by a scorpion. On March 9, Enstarz reported that Doug Melvin is okay following a scorpion sting. He returned to work late last week, just one day after the frightening incident. According to the report, Melvin saw what he thought was just a big bug and tried to squish it with a Kleenex. Well that "big bug" was actually a scorpion and it stung him through the tissue!
"The General Manager was stung on the middle finger of his left hand and started to feel his arm numb and feared it would go up to his heart," Enstarz reported.
The GM was stung by the scorpion while at his home in Arizona. Following the sting, Melvin experienced numbness but was able to get himself to the hospital. He went to the emergency room after the numbness started spreading. After only a few hours he was given the "okay" to go home. He says that he only had to take pain medication -- still the experience wasn't something that Melvin will forget.
"My arm started swelling and then the numbness started going up my arm, like when you hit your funny bone. I was wondering if it might go all the way up my arm and go to my heart. I got nervous when it got up to my shoulder, so I went to the emergency room," he said.
The GM stung by the scorpion is back at work and feeling better.
© Effie Orfanides 2013