The Brewers’ GM stung by scorpion is one story making top news headlines this evening, as the Boston Herald reported this Friday, March 8, that the Milwaukee Brewers general manager Doug Melvin was recently stung by a scorpion — following the injuries his team have unfortunately dealt with this season — but has made a quick recovery.
The story headline reading, “Brewers GM stung by scorpion”, sources report that Dough Melvin spent over three hours in the emergency room this Wednesday following a “serious sting” from an Arizona bark scorpion that had made its way inside his spring training condo.
Melvin noted he was having dinner with his wife when he went to kill the insect — thinking it was a spider — with a tissue, but was then stung on the finger. His hand began to swell, and he felt it would be best to head to the hospital immediately.
"I got nervous when all of the numbness started getting up into the shoulder area,'' Melvin said in a statement. "You think, 'Can this thing go to your heart?' They said you can lose your breathing; your vision can be a problem. None of that happened to me.''
The Brewers’ GM stung by scorpion headline has a happy ending, fortunately, as the manager was back at the complex on Thursday afternoon, working with his team’s own unfortunate slew of injuries.