Well, it seems I jumped the gun when I penned the first gluten-free dining update on April 3. Little did I know, so many more interesting happenings were coming our way. Here is the second installment of restaurants with gluten-free options in alphabetical order. Please keep in mind that none of these establishments have dedicated gluten-free kitchens, but they take steps to avoid cross contact during preparation.
- Boneheads - opened a new location in Buckhead on Pharr Road. The restaurant has a separate gluten-free menu offering appetizers, salads, meats, and sides.
- Cibo E Beve - their executive chef, Linda Harrell, has been named a 2014 "Celebrate the Chef' recipient by Springer Mountain Farms. Springer Mountain Farms selects a “Celebrate the Chef” award winner each quarter based on the Chef’s commitment to premium food, quality customer service, and superior attention to food safety. Congrats Linda.
- Chick-fil-A - has introduced new and improved grilled chicken breast and nuggets. This new grilled chicken is infused with a smoky taste by marinating it in a blend of sea salt, lemon, garlic, and savory herbs.
- Good Karma Coffee House - has updated its menu and now features expanded sandwich options: Reuben, Italian, Monte Cristo, and a sandwich of the day. They are also selling whole loaves of bread and buns in their new freezer. They make a mean breakfast too, with parfaits, biscuit sandwiches, waffles, eggs, bacon, and lots of coffee, so stop by and see what's new.
- Grub Burger Bar - opened its first Atlanta location this month. Their menu includes Pure Knead's gluten-free/vegan buns and gluten-free fries too.
- Pure Knead - is in the process of reformulating its entire line of breads and baked good to be vegan. Their breads (sandwich bread, hamburger and hot dog buns) are ready for their relaunch in Kroger with brand new labels. Their cupcakes are making the transition and should be done by the end of May. This is good news for gluten free/vegans and I have been told the bread and cupcakes are light and fluffy.
- Pure Taqueria - according to Eli at Tone to Atlanta, they are set to open a new location in Brookhaven this year. The restaurant will feature a rooftop patio and it will continue to offer gluten-free fare.
- Real Fix Pizzeria - according to Atlanta Magazine, is set to open in Roswell this summer and it will offer gluten-free pizza and vegan cheese.
- Turner Field - has added Pure Knead's vegan/gluten-free buns to its Gluten Free Food Cart at section 106. More details on complete offerings will be shared soon.
- Yum Yum Dessert Company - is open and they have a number of gluten-free offerings. They don't specialize in gluten-free goodies, but they have gone that extra mile to ensure they have tasty offerings. Guests can choose from: Macaroons, Chocolate Sparkle Cookies (made with almond flour), Meringues, Creme Bruele, and Cupcakes (mini and regular). It is important to note that the gluten-free goods are baked in a shared environment, but they are made at a different time to eliminate cross contact.
Where is your favorite place to enjoy a gluten-free meal? Please share your experiences good/bad if you have dined at any of these restaurants.