It’s hard to believe that September is here already. And with the arrival of September comes back to school and back to making lunches and snacks. It is hard when you have a child who is gluten sensitive, intolerant or celiac. You want to make treats that kids can take to school, and that they will actually eat! Both Canadian Living and Best of Bridge have wonderful banana bread recipes. Using Cloud 9 gluten free baking flour, we made the Best of Bridge and the Canadian Living banana breads. You can check out the Canadian living banana loaf here.
We dare you to be able to tell these tasty loaves are gluten free.
Best of Bridge Best ever banana loaf recipe:
1 cup butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 ½ cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5)
4 eggs well beaten
2 ½ cups Cloud 9 gluten free baking mix
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add mashed bananas and eggs. Beat until well mixed.
4. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients, including chocolate chips, and blend with banana mixture. Do not overmix.
5. Lightly grease two loaf pans, a Bundt pan or 2 muffin pans.
6. Pour into two lightly greased loaf pans, Bundt pan or muffin cups.
7. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes (muffins take about 15-20 min)
8. Test for doneness (toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean)
9. Cool on rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Freezes beautifully.
This recipe makes two banana loaves.