Who would have ever thought adding a gluten-free beer to a Spring quinoa recipe would taste absolutely delicious? This recipe is perfect for your upcoming spring festivities- whether it's a dinner party, picnic or BBQ- it's sure to please you and your guests.
Gluten-Free Cherry Beer-Soaked Quinoa
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 bottle gluten-free Daura Beer
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- lemon zest, for garnish
Cook quinoa according to package directions; set aside to cool and add beer; let sit for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork then drain beer.
In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa with remaining ingredients; gently toss to combine.
Serve warm or at room temperature.