Gluten-free products dominated the new products category at Expo West for the third year in a row, which saw record attendance in both the number of attendees and exhibiting vendors. Here is the second installment of my favorite picks for gluten-free candy, cookies, desserts, drinks, and ice cream.
- Lovely Candy Company - I was able to meet the creators of this natural line of candy and sample all of their goodies: caramels, licorice, and fruit chews. Their caramels were my favorites and I am glad I can find their products locally at Target. GFCO Certified
- Torie & Howard - Torie was on hand to discuss their line of grown up candy flavors: Blood Orange & Honey; Pomegranate & Nectarine; D’Anjou Pear & Cinnamon; and sofi silver award-winning Pink Grapefruit & Tupelo Honey. The candies are small, but they are so flavorful that one is all you need. I can't wait to try out her candy + liquor suggestions. No 3rd Party Certification; Dedicated Facility
- Hail Merry - has two new flavors of raw macaroons: lemon and chocolate chip cookie dough. Since they are both vegan, I anticipate adding them both to ice cream this summer! The company won Best of Show for their new Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Macaroon. GFCO Certified
- Schar - sampled out their new Marble Cake and it was very soft, moist, and flavorful. It would make a great pick up when heading out to a party, topped with whipped cream and berries, or ice cream and right out of the package. No 3rd Party Certification; Dedicated Facility
- The Piping Gourmets - offer a line of frozen vegan Whoopie Pies in five flavors: Chocolate cake with vanilla filling, Chocolate cake with mint filling, chocolate cake with raspberry filling, vanilla cake with vanilla filling, and vanilla cake with filling. I am a fan of the chocolate with mint filling because it reminds me of a thin mint cookie. The cake is soft and moist and the filling is very creamy. I just found these locally at Whole Foods and I love that they are vegan, non-GMO, and kosher too. GFCO Certified
- Bhatki Chai - in addition to sponsoring a morning yoga session, they launched two new flavors of ready to drink chai made with Califia Farms almond milk: Iced Coconut Almond Blend and Iced Almond Blend. Both have their signature ginger kick and they are rich and creamy without any dairy.
- CaCoCo - makes a drinking chocolate that is good for you out of whole, raw cacao beans, low-glycemic, mineral-rich sweeteners like coconut nectar crystals and carob, and spices like true cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground vanilla bean. It is dairy free, gluten free, raw, and it contains no major allergens like soy, corn, or cane sugar. It is very strong and chocolate-y and it pairs well with almond milk.
- Numi Organic Tea - is debuting a line of chocolate teas made with cacao powder. I sampled the Chocolate Spice, which is a blend of cacao with a host of chai spices, and I wish the chocolate flavor was more powerful. It is a tasty tea, but I was expecting more chocolate flavor.
- Suja Juice - their line of juices are quite tasty. I sampled the Green Charge juice, which is low on sugar, so the fruit flavor was brilliant and it really got me going for the day.
- NadaMoo - their creamy coconut ice cream was one of my favorite finds from last year and now they are adding two new flavors to their lineup: Vanilla Cha-Cha-Chai and Bananas for PB & Chocolate. GFCO Certified
Does anything look interesting?