While it isn't time to break out the gloves just yet, the question will undoubtedly arise during the course of Fall and Winter months. When it comes to wearing gloves -- is it proper to wear your bracelet over the gloves. The answer: it depends, but, in most cases, yes, it is acceptable to wear your bracelet over your gloves.
Gloves are wonderful accessories that are under utilized in today's world. They can make an outfit go from ordinary or even dull to fun and whimsical to dressy, and, it all depends on the type of gloves you select to have among your accessories. Generally speaking, the well dressed woman should own at least two pair of good quality leather gloves for winter time, and, this type of glove should be worn only on the street and never indoors.
High quality leather gloves can be found at:
- Bergdorf Goodman: http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/search.jsp?N=0&Ntt=gloves&_requestid=42950
- Saks Fifth Avenue: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/Jewelry-and-Accessories/Accessories/Hats-and-Gloves/Gloves-and-Mittens/shop/_/N-52id1l?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306546825
Quoted from .etiquette-and-manners-for-the-contemporary-woman.com
"General Glove Etiquette
- Gloves should be worn in the street but not indoors, except for the theater, at a formal reception and a ball.
- Avoid crocheted lace or transparent nylon.
- Don’t wear the same gloves on consecutive days.
- Don’t play cards with gloves on.
- Don’t apply makeup with gloves on.
- Don’t wear jewellery over gloves, with the exception of bracelets."
Of course, Opera Gloves (also known as Evening Gloves) have their own set of rules, and, those rules can be viewed here: http://www.operagloves.com/etiquette.html And, Opera Gloves are a bit harder to find in today's world, but, LaCrasia located at 306 West 38th Street, New York, NY is a good place to start. Here are samples of the gloves they carry: http://lacrasiagloves.com/gloves.html and most bridal salons will also have opera gloves available for purchase. A good place to find opera gloves is Great Gloves Online: http://www.greatglovesonline.com/c=BrUjCt9dXK3Wk8Hpf95VQofZ7/category/z.gloves.1/
For more tips about glove etiquette please visit: http://www.etiquette-and-manners-for-the-contemporary-woman.com/glove-etiquette.html