Cynthia Corrigan was just looking to get a snack when she went into a Stripes Convenience Store in Midland, Texas. She went in and purchased a burrito for 86 cents and got ready to put some sauce on her meal when she realized something odd. Fox 8 reported on Feb. 15, 2014, that she had actually found the finger of a blue latex glove inside of her burrito.
Corrigan said she had taken a couple of bites and was preparing to put some sauce on her food when she noticed a "blue speck."
"I was using taco sauce and when I was looking at my burrito to put it in, that's when I noticed the little blue speck in there," Corrigan said.
"I didn't even know what to expect at that point what was coming out of there, it was so gross," Corrigan said.
Corrigan said that it was "nauseating" and she yelled when she saw the glove in the burrito. She did say that she was happy there was no finger in it.
The Texas woman called the convenience store and spoke with the manager who advised her that the burritos come from a third-party vendor. The manager was still not happy and said that it was "unacceptable" and advised Corrigan to call the corporate office.
Stripes has said they believed this to be an isolated incident, but have still removed all related products and notified the vendor.
Corrigan said she didn't want anything for free or anything. She simply wanted someone to take responsibility for the glove in the burrito and to make sure it didn't happen again.
She has already said she will go back to Stripes Convenience Stores, but "maybe for a soda but not food."