The four-story Global Center for Health Innovation (formerly referred to as the Cleveland Medical Mart) will hold their ribbon-cutting ceremony this Tuesday, October 8. It will be an opportunity for healthcare tenants to show off their spaces in the new building at 1 St. Clair Avenue NE in downtown Cleveland.
The ceremony will begin at 2:00 p.m. and from 3-5:00 p.m. tours will be given of the entire facility. The event is “invitation only.”
Speakers scheduled to present during the festivities include:
- Dr. Toby Cosgrove (Cleveland Clinic)
- Sister Judith Ann Karam (Sisters of Charity Health System)
- Dr. Akram Boutros (MetroHealth)
- City of Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson
- Thomas F. Zenty III (University Hospitals
- Tom Gentile (GE Healthcare)
- Cuyahoga County Executive Ed FitzGerald
- Tim Chapman (STERIS)
- H. Stephen Lieber (Healthcare Information Management Systems Society – HIMSS).
Phase I in the development of the Global Center will be featured in this event, with previews of showrooms for:
- University Hospitals/Philips
- Cardinal Health
- GE Healthcare
Phase II of the project will see an additional 12 showrooms completed by February 2014 and will signal the opening of the building to the public.
Phase III is anticipated in fall 2014.
Doug Bardwell writes about interesting new real estate projects, construction and grand openings across the country and around the world. Feel free to drop him a line at email@example.com with suggestions for future stories. To get his stories delivered to your inbox, click the RSS feed or the "Subscribe" button above or follow him on Facebook , Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.