Glenn Beck's rally, more shtick than substance

Fox News personality Glenn Beck speaks during the "Restoring Honor" rally in Washington D.C.
Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images

Comments

• WARHUKKER 5 years ago

My wife,and I were at the rally along with hundreds of thousands of patriotic Americans, that you on the left dismiss.Words like HONOR,have no meaning to you,people who believe in God,and love of country to you are just dumb country bumkins,who are not your equal.You are always looking for an angle,because ,that is how you live your life.WHAT AM I GOING TO GET OUT OF IT,WHATS IN IT FOR ME,ME,ME.I pity people who live life with no faith,just go through life jaded,and hating everyone who disagrees with them.PEOPLE OF HONOR AND FAITH HAVE HAD ENOUGH,SEE YOU IN NOVEMBER.

AMEN! I was also there among the several hundred thousand people (the aerial photore speaks for itself regarding the attendance). Praise God and may God bless Glenn Beck !!!!! He speaks truth and that bothers people who refuse to want to know better. All glory goes to our almighty God. FOREVER PRAISE HIM!

• Dan H 5 years ago

If you want to see the Beck doctrine you need only read his followers' comments on this site http://wp.me/pNmlT-mI which is critical of Beck. They are completely blind to facts presented to them if they are contrary to their beliefs. It is scary to see the hold this charlatans has over them.

when I read articles that slander a movement which is in the hearts of most americans it makes you think what kind of person who is writing. Are they on the side of the radical group who has steered us towards a country that is a ticking time bomb. All I can say is you truly are on the wrong path my friend and as the country is waking up it will probably bring more fear in the ones who have brought chaos out of order. not only are you slandering glenn beck but also the good hearted americans that were there. I don't know if you watched some of the other rally by the rev who spit hatred,while you had people talking about love for there country,One thing is for sure I myself what to be on the side with the ones that unite rather than divide

Why is it that negative talk about our President is not considered "slandering" or americans that support our nations leader aren't considered " Real Americans " by you
    one who follows God's Word.

The thing that galls everyone is no one on the right or the left can control Glenn Beck. It is time for the people of the United States to wake up! And he is ringing the alarm clock. Come November america will speak once again and this time make a change we can all live with and not be subjected to by the will of a few that are so far out of touch with the citizenry they should be sent to a mental institution.

• HUMPY 5 years ago

PEOPLE LOOK, THERE ARE THOSE IN BOTH POLITICAL PARTIES WHO BENEFIT ON KEEPING THIS COUNTRIES CITIZENS DIVIDED. I WOULD NOT PUT IT PAST THEM MAKING COMMENTS ON THIS AND OTHER BLOGS TO KEEP PEOPLE WORKED UP. THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT WE ARE ALL AMERICANS AND I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN SUCH A SENSE OF DIVISION IN THIS COUNTRY. REGARDLESS TO ONE’S CHOICE PERSONALLY OF THIS NATIONS LEADER THROUGH OUR VOTING PROCESS IF IT DID NOT WORK OUT TO ONE’S TASTE WE ALL STILL PULLED TOGETHER TO SUPPORT THE CHOICE MADE BY THE PROCESS THAT WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD.
    THERE ARE THOSE WHO ARE NOT EVEN FROM THIS COUNTRY WHO ARE COUNTING ON AMERICANS INABILITY TO CULTURALLY GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER BY PUTTING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS INTO POLITICAL AND MEDIA INTITIES TO PUSH AN AGENDA THAT WILL ULTIMATELY BENIFIT THEM WHILE BRINGING THIS COUNTRY DOWN.
    WAKE UP AMERICA THE BIBLE TEACHES US TO PRAY FOR OUR NATIONS LEADER AND IF THEY ARE DOING THINGS WRONG HE WILL ANSWER OUR PRAYERS BUT WE WILL NEVER BE SUCCESSFUL AS A NATION WHEN THE COUNTRY IS SO DIVIDED REGARDLESS OF WHO IS IN OFFICE.

• BRR 5 years ago

Thou shalt not lie Mr.Skordelis. I was there and know the truth.

Why are the progressives so full of hate and bigotry?

• Twalker 5 years ago

It amazes me that anyone with a brain cell would say there were less than 300,000 people there – it just kills the left that “We The People” have decided to stop being bullied around by big government, which is exactly why our ancestors risked everything to come to America and fight for their freedom and against an oppressive government. We are also tired of “God” being a bad word. Say what you want but all those in attendance came for one reason and it wasn’t for Glenn Beck!!! We came to make a statement that we believe in God and in our Constitution and we stand together ready to fight to protect our rights!!! The days of us sitting by and doing nothing are over so get ready here we come!

As a police officer in a major Ohio PD, I was talking it up with a few of the Nat'l Park Police. I asked them their personal opinion and they all agreed, the guys I was speaking with, that the crowd could easily be around 500K. I asked them if they would rather police Glenn Beck attendees or a free Jay-Zee concert. They just looked at each other and one said "What do you think?" Even the black officer was laughing:)