On his radio broadcast, Beck volleyed his latest attempt to rationalize this claim: Declaring that every progressive president ends up getting the United States involved in a war.
- Woodrow Wilson was a progressive who got us into World War I.
- Franklin Roosevelt was a progressive who got us into World War II.
- Lyndon Johnson was a progressive who got us into Vietnam.
"I know Republicans don't like to hear this," Beck said, "but he was a globalist and a progressive: George W. Bush."
Where do I begin?
- Unless Beck is accusing Woodrow Wilson of sinking U.S. commercial ships and forging the Zimmerman Telegram, Wilson did not initiate World War I.
- Unless Beck is accusing the bombing of Pearl Harbor of being a false flag operation, Franklin Roosevelt did not initiate World War II.
- The United States was already involved in Vietnam by the time Lyndon Johnson became President.
- If George W. Bush was a progressive, so was Glenn Beck.
Once again, Beck is desperately holding onto hope that nobody will remember his role as one of George W. Bush's Iraq war cheerleaders.