“Script in progress! http://yfrog.us/b89ilgurecviberzwulqrvyxz …”
The script describes Kurt (Chris Colfer) standing in a romantic setting on a rooftop in New York and Blaine (Darren Criss) approaches him singing “Come What May” from “Moulin Rouge.” Here’s the catch: The script says “Kurt seems torn …”
Uh. Oh. This feels like a hopeful Blaine staging a completely romantic serenade for Kurt. Blaine could have set the whole scene, then arranged for Kurt to find it. Or, it's possible the rooftop is staged for Will and Emma’s wedding. That is, if they decide to marry in New York ...
Let's not forget Rachel (Lea Michele) could have set this rooftop scene for Brody (Dean Geyer), or, Kurt could have set it for Adam. Or, none of the above. We don't really know who set this romantic scene or why.
But, as for Klaine in this moment, the real question is: How does Kurt respond?
Kurt could receive Blaine with open arms. He could try to let Blaine down easily and play the "friends forever" card. He could rebuff the gesture altogether, but, then regret it later -- hence, the make out scene.
Yes, it seems like torture for Klaine shippers to wait. But, one thing is certain -- the answers are coming!
We should also back up and mention that Murphy confirmed some things regarding Klaine in a Jan. 18 Twitter Q & A:
- “Come What May” is going to appear in episode 15, which is going to be a movie music tribute episode.
- Kurt and Blaine are in a hotel, both dressed in suits, in the Twitter photo that Murphy previously posted on Twitter, with the caption “Come What May.”
- There will be “several” Kurt and Blaine scenes to look forward to.
- The Klaine make out session has already been filmed, though, at the time of the Jan. 18 Q & A, Murphy said he hadn’t seen it yet.
- We’ll see some more interaction between Blaine and Sam (Chord Overstreet).
- Kurt’s dad, Burt will not die. Sadly, Murphy informed his followers his own dad passed away from prostate cancer and he “wouldn’t put Kurt through that.”
Here’s a few more things to consider regarding Blaine’s reach out:
- It was obvious in the holiday episode that Blaine is still head over heels for Kurt, but he seemed more reserved.
- In this week’s Jan. 24 returning episode, “Sadie Hawkins,” Kurt enters NYADA. He’ll meet cast newbie Oliver Kieran-Jones’ character at NYADA, and he’s slotted to be a potential love interest for Kurt.
- While it seems Klaine will ultimately find their way back together, it may be a while before it happens. Something’s got to happen between Kurt and Jones’ character for him to be deemed a “love interest.”
In the script segment above the rooftop “Come What May” segment, it says:
“Will smiles, leaves. Finn’s fire to find Emma rages hotter –“
This part could indeed be Will and Emma’s wedding and she gets cold feet and Finn rushes to find her.
As previously reported, Kurt takes Blaine as his date to Wemma’s wedding and they make out in a steamy car. This could have nothing to do with "Come What May" OR
“Come What May” could have a double meaning – it could be Blaine reaching out to Kurt and Will’s feelings toward Emma, despite her possible hesitation.
We don’t have any firm details about the Wemma wedding yet. But, Murphy also tweeted a photo of Jake (Jacob Artist) and Marley (Melissa Benoist) all dressed up, sitting on what looks like a bed in a hotel room. Are they guests at Wemma’s wedding?
Come what may, (no pun intended!) Klaine is going to share some romantic screen time, and one of the most romantic songs around. We’re unfortunately going to have to wait to put all these pieces of the puzzle together …
In other news, Murphy confirmed Quinn (Dianna Agron) finally uses the train ticket Rachel gave her and Rachel/Quinn/Santana (Naya Rivera) will share a scene in two weeks. In this episode, called "Naked," Murphy said Faberry fans will see some "good stuff." Plus, the glee club makes a calendar of McKinley men to sell as a fundraiser -- ooh lala!! (See preview photos).
Plus, Finchel fans can look forward to Rachel (Lea Michele) and Finn (Cory Monteith) sharing some future duets and according to Murphy, “Valentine’s Day greatness. Pillow talk.”
Valentine’s Day will also bring some love for Artie and some great Jake and Marley songs are coming up.
Only four more days until the fabulous “Glee” “Sadie Hawkins” return!
“Glee” airs Thursdays in Flint on WSMH FOX66 at 9 p.m. EST. Click here for a Flint area channel guide.