The Carolina Renaissance Festival is a medieval amusement park, an 11 stage theater, a 22‐acre circus, an arts and crafts fair, a jousting tournament and a feast. All this rolled into one non‐stop, day long family adventure. As an event that I love to attend with my family each year, I have a passion for the Renaissance Festival!
If you have never been, here are some fun facts about the festival to get you excited!
- Eleven stages featuring comedy acts, acrobats, medieval musicians, singers, dancers, storytellers, magicians and puppeteers – performing continuously for 7 ½ hours each day.
- A tournament arena where skilled stunt riders, outfitted in suits of armor, ride their horses into battle during three jousts each day.
- Specialty acts like the Birds of Prey in‐flight demonstration.
- Hundreds of costumed characters.
Arts and Crafts:
- Our 22‐acre village is filled with over 100 open‐air, storybook shops and medieval tents. Crafts include: clothing, armor‐making, pottery, glass blowing, stained glass, elegant jewelry and more.
- Many artisans demonstrate of their handiwork throughout the day, using tools and techniques that have been handed down through the centuries.
- Kids and adults will enjoy the challenges of archery, ax‐throwing, castle‐storming, and climbing Jacob’s ladder.
- Human‐powered rides such as da Vinci’s Flying Machine, Voyage to the New World and the Swan Swing.
- This is the place to toss tomatoes at the surly fools locked in the stocks at “Vegetable Justice”.
- The Royal Kitchens serve a vast feast with giant roasted turkey drumsticks, steak‐on‐a-stake, pizza, bread bowl stews, salads and more. The Monk’s Bakery, the Cappuccino Inn and the Chocolate Shoppe tempt you with a variety of unique desserts. Pubs serve beer and wine.
Dates: Every Saturday and Sunday, from October 5th through November 24th
Hours: 10am until 5:30pm every Saturday and Sunday rain or shine
Location: Just north of Charlotte between Concord and Huntersville on Highway 73 at Poplar Tent Road (between I‐77 and I‐85). Exit 25 on I‐77 or exits 52 or 55 on I‐85
Parking: FREE courtesy of Harris Teeter
Advance Discount Tickets: $21 for adults, $11 for kids ages 5‐12, available at Harris Teeter Stores region wide. Children under 5 are always free. Tickets purchased at the gate are $1 more. Senior (60 and over) and Adult Military discount tickets with Military ID) are $19 at the gate. Child dependents of military personnel are $9. Tickets are also available for purchase online at RenFestInfo.com.
Giveaway: Here is your chance to win your way into the festival! From now until October 5th you can enter this giveaway for one of the multiple sets of adult tickets and VIP parking passes. In honor of opening weekend, winners will be contacted at the close of the giveaway. Make sure you click the Rafflecopter link below to enter. UPDATE: All winners have been contacted. Thank you for entering!
The Charlotte Holidays Examiner is your local resource for all things holiday going on in the Queen city. Do you want to read more? Click the ‘Subscribe’ button under my name to receive e-mail alerts when I publish new articles. You can also follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/laurendomm or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.