December 9, 2013
As you make out your wishlist for the holiday season, here are some gift ideas that will improve your career search.
- The basic Linked services are great, but try a LinkedIn premium account for better job hunting results.
- A tailored interview suit that gives you a sharp, professional edge. Watch the CBS video for appropriate colors to wear.
- Be ready to whip out some business cards from Vistaprint to leave a lasting impression.
- Wordpress is free; however, some of the nicer page designs cost money. Ask for Wordpress design that will allow you to create an eye-catching digital portfolio.
- Never forget to send a handwritten thank you note. Envelopes, postal stamps, and thank you cards are a must.
- An Interview First Aid kit: Breath mints, Tide Pen, travel-size deodorant, small pad of paper, pens, plain black messenger bag
- A gift card to Office Max or Staples for organization supplies to keep your career search tidy.
- Never underestimate looking good. Ask for a trip to a professional hair/makeup stylist who can give you easy tips and affordable products that will create a clean and polished professional look.