Not all Italian dressings are created equal. Each variation has its own flare. It brightens the mood and adds a mixture of delicious ingredients and spices to a crunchy side dish. Salads can be made with so many variations that make each one unique depending upon what you have in the vegetable crisper. Spice up tonight’s dinner salad with a zesty Italian homemade dressing.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ cup of oil
- ½ cup of wine vinegar
- ½ cup of ketchup
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of mustard
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- Put all ingredients in blender and mix till creamy.
- Store in air tight containers and keep refrigerated.
- Never leave dressing out too long, overnight or in direct sun. Dressings contain mayonnaise and they will spoil if left out.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: