With mere days to go before Christmas, you may find yourself scrambling to find gifts for those last few people on your list. You COULD give them another tangible gift that neither of you will remember this time next year. OR you could give them a gift that keeps right on giving throughout the coming year. Rather than a “one and done” gift scenario, why not give them the gift of a memorable experience? Why not give them an Atlanta staycation? The true beauty of many of these gift ideas is that you can order them online and immediately be done with your shopping! Here are fifteen fabulous Atlanta staycation concepts to help you get started:
1) Atlanta CityPass: Why limit your gift recipient to just ONE Atlanta staycation? The Atlanta City Pass affords the holder with front row seats at some of the city’s most sought after destinations – all for one low price. Attractions include Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, Inside CNN Studio Tour, Zoo Atlanta OR Atlanta History Center, and Fernbank Museum of Natural History OR High Museum of Art.
2) Georgia Aquarium: If one day simply isn’t enough to see all that the Georgia Aquarium has to offer, an annual pass may be the ticket for the aspiring oceanographer on your list. Between all of the breathtaking galleries to explore and the live Dolphin Tales show to witness, they could have a different experience each time they visit. Another great Georgia Aquarium gift to give is a special Sea Otter, Dolphin or Penguin Encounter for an up-close-and-personal experience with one of our planets most amazing creatures.
3) World of Coca-Cola: As central to the city of Atlanta as the sight of the Westin Peachtree to our skyline, Coca-Cola is an undeniable part of our history and flavor. The World of Coca-Cola affords visitors with a chance to stroll through the soft drink giant’s story – from beginning to end. There’s a chance to catch some iconic Coca-Cola commercials from the world over, visit with a polar bear, step inside the Vault of the Secret Formulas, and sample from more than 100 flavors from all over the globe. Whether you purchase a one day admission ticket or an annual pass, this gift is sure to please any carbonated beverage buff.
4) Six Flags Over Georgia: The ideal gift for thrill seekers of all ages, a season pass or one day admission ticket to Six Flags Over Georgia affords the recipient with access to rocking rollercoasters, family-friendly fun and the all NEW Hurricane Harbor – debuting in 2014. It's an Atlanta staycation that really packs a punch!
5) Stone Mountain Park: One day may not be enough to experience all that Stone Mountain Park has to offer its guests. With a jam-packed calendar of events year-round, a Mountain Membership provides the recipient with admission to extraordinary experiences like Stone Mountain Christmas, Snow Mountain, Spring FUN Break, Summer at the Rock, Yellow Daisy Festival and more.
6) Lake Lanier Islands Resort: Boating, golfing, camping, horseback riding and more await just beyond the gates of this picturesque lakeside resort. Club memberships and annual passes to LanierWorld give the gift of year-round access to white sandy beaches, fun on the boardwalk, and special events like Magical Nights of Lights, open-air concerts, and fabulous festivals.
7) Chateau Élan: Whether they love a good bottle of wine, an afternoon on the golf course, or a day at the spa – they’re sure to find something to please at the world-renowned Chateau Élan Winery & Resort in North Georgia.
8) ImagineIt! Children’s Museum: The pint-sized people on your Christmas list are sure to love a day (or year-round access) at ImagineIt! The Children’s Museum of Atlanta. Between permanent interactive exhibits, regularly revolving exhibits and exciting event schedule designed to delight toddlers to kids up to 8 years old, it’s no wonder why it’s known as “A Smart Place to Play!”
9) LegoLand Discovery Center Atlanta: Aspiring architects will LOVE a ticket to this particular party! Whether they’re there for a day or have year-round admission to enjoy attractions like the Lego® Factory Tour, Kingdom Quest Laser Ride, the NEW Lego® Friends Olivia’s House, and more, the excitement will “build” each time they visit this very special Atlanta attraction.
10) Callaway Gardens: Got someone with a green thumb on your Christmas list? Give them the gift of a trip to one of Georgia’s most beautiful garden destinations – Callaway Gardens. With several accommodation offerings onsite, a copious calendar of events, a wealth of attractions, and a bevy of botanical beauties to experience, a day guest or annual pass is certain to make a smile bloom.
11) Fox Theatre: A Fox Theatre gift card is just the right size for the drama queens and theater lovers on your list. You can place any amount on the card, which can be redeemed at the ticket office, merchandise terminals, and concession stands. The recipient can use it over the course of 2014 to buy tickets to shows like The Lion King, The Book of Mormon, and Evita or live concerts like Jennifer Nettles, Robin Thicke, and The Moody Blues.
12) High Museum of Art: Artists and art buffs alike will love regular access to the permanent collection and revolving exhibits at the High. In addition to regular strolls through the galleries, an imaginative calendar of events enhances an annual membership at the High.
13) Zoo Atlanta: Animal lovers of all ages will love the gift of a Zoo Membership. A gift that goes beyond the recipient, proceeds from membership sales support conservation and research efforts at the Zoo and throughout the world.
14) Center for Puppetry Arts: Want a gift with no strings attached? A Center for Puppetry Arts Individual or Family Membership affords the recipient with 45% discount on tickets to performance, free admission to members-only events, priority seating at family performances, free admission to the museum and more. All membership levels are tax-deductible donations that help support daily operations and programming at this Atlanta landmark.
15) Skyview Atlanta: As one of the newest attractions in Atlanta, the recipient of a VIP flight aboard this ferris wheel overlooking the downtown area is sure to scream “WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”
Still don’t see just the right gift on the list above to give the guy or gal who has everything? You may want to consider a gift certificate to one of Atlanta’s iconic restaurants – such as Bones, Atlanta Fish Market, or the Sun Dial – or a luxury hotel in the heart of the city – such as The Ellis Hotel, The St. Regis Atlanta, or the Four Seasons Hotel for a very special Atlanta staycation.
Best Wishes for a Happy Holiday Season and a Wonderful 2014!
Image Credit: © 2013 , Kevin C. Rose/AtlantaPhotos.com