Skip to main content
  1. AXS Entertainment
  2. Arts & Entertainment
  3. TV

Giudice: Teresa Giudice releases statement following court hearing

See also

Teresa Giudice released a statement via her attorney after she and her husband, Joe Giudice, appeared in court on March 4. According to People Magazine, Teresa says that she is owning up to her "mistakes" and that she is "heartbroken" for her family, particularly her four daughters, Gia, 13, Gabriella, 11, Milania, 9, and Audriana, 5. As previously reported, Teresa is facing up to two years behind bars.

"Today I took a responsibility for a series of mistakes I made several years ago. I am heartbroken that this is affecting my family. Especially my four young daughters, who mean more to me than anything in the world," the statement read.

Teresa Giudice and her husband, Joe, previously pleaded not guilty to the fraud charges brought against them. They both publicly denied the charges and acted like they were innocent -- but that was just a cover. The two have now reached a plea deal which will keep them from going to jail for 30+ years but may not keep them from going to prison period. Some believe that Teresa will request probation and that she will "get off" but there are reports that both Teresa and Joe will have to serve some time behind bars as part of their agreement.

"I have said throughout that I respect the legal process and thus, I intend to address the court directly at sentencing. I will describe the choices I made, continue to take responsibility for my decision and express my remorse to Judge Salas and the public," Teresa's statement concluded.

Joe and Teresa Giudice will be back in court on July 8.

© Effie Orfanides 2014

Advertisement