Sometimes you need to leave your significant other, children, or stress at home...and fine solace with your girlfriends. Below is a list of creative and cost effective ideas for a girls day out.
- Cheers! - Connecticut is home to a string of vineyards along the Connecticut Wine Trail. Stop by Gouveia Vineyards at 1339 Whirlwind Road in Wallingford for a beautiful view and delicious wine. Wine tastings are $8 or purchase a bottle of your choice. They have indoor and outdoor seating. Gouveia's is unique in allowing you to bring your own food. Assign an appetizer per person, pack the utensils and plates, and have fun! Their hours of operation are Thursdays and Saturdays 11am to 8pm, Fridays 11am-9pm, and Sundays 11am-6pm.
- Spa Day - A Moment Away in Southington, CT has a private Serenity room for spa parties of four people or more. Choose from manis and pedis to massage or facials. Prices vary and are listed online. They are located adt 61 Curtis Street, Southington, CT. For more information call (860) 426-9122.
- Fitness - Local trails are the perfect place to enjoy the warm weather and stay in shape with a work out buddy. Sleeping Giant has a variety of challenge levels. Their most basic trail is a 1 1/2 mile hike to the top of Mt. Carmel and the tower. Map out your journey on their hiking map available online.
- Chick Flick - Take advantage of special prices at the movie theater to save money. Consider a matinee showing in the daytime or afternoon. Some movie theaters have weekly price reductions during the week. Wallingford's Holiday Cinema features $5 Tuesdays; any movie any time of day is just $5 every Tuesday. Plan to meet early to get your tickets and save seats, it's a popular cost saving attraction.
- Art - Get creative at BYOB painting and pottery classes. Art Plus Studio in New Haven has BYOB art parties. Be your own Picasso and paint along with the instructor to create a replica of masterpieces such as Starry Night and Mona Lisa. You are welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks. Similar, The Pottery Piazza in Plainville hosts Ladies Night the last Thursday and Friday of every month. It is BYOB from 6-10pm. Classes are cheaper at $8 plus supply costs. For more information call (860) 517-8553.
Feel free to add your own ideas in a comment below. To receive e-mail alerts on newly published articles hit the blue subscribe button on the top of this page. Like this article? Share with friends by hitting the Like or Tweet button. You can also share on Pinterest.