Skip to main content
  1. News
  2. Top News

Girl, 3, dies after dental procedure goes very wrong: Dead after month-long coma

See also

A little girl is dead after having a dental procedure go horribly wrong, claims lawsuit filed by the girl's mother. When three-year-old Finley Boyle underwent four root canals she was given “high doses” of several different medicines at a dentist office in Hawaii which is reported in the lawsuit.

According to Fox News on Jan. 6, the mother is claiming in the suit that the drugs Finley was given over-sedated her child. The drugs included Demerol, hydroxyzine and chloral hydrate and nitrous oxide. The mother reports there were five different drugs in all given to her daughter by a technician and then she went into cardiac arrest.

Ashley Boyle, the girl’s mother said that there was no one at the dentist office who could administer CPR when her daughter went into cardiac arrest. Finley suffered brain damage and was in the hospital in a coma for a month before she died. Her mother claims that Island Dentistry demonstrated negligence and dangerous conduct in sedating the child.

The dental procedure was done on Dec. 3 and Finley had been in a coma in the hospital since that day. On Friday Finley died. The mother claims it was the negligence on behalf of the dental team office that ultimately led to Finley’s untimely death.

Advertisement

Related Videos:

  • Man arrested for putting needles in meat
    <div class="video-info" data-id="518351220" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=518351220&autoStart=true"></div>
  • Women and Children Continue to be Killed and Injured in Gaza
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cgbXMR-xTms?VQ=HD720&amp;allowfullscreen=true&amp;autoplay=1"></iframe>
  • Margaritaville Biloxi
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j_fnBwXjanY?VQ=HD720&amp;allowfullscreen=true&amp;autoplay=1"></iframe>