Did you know eating ginger is good for you? Here is a fabulous way to enjoy ginger and the health benefits it gives us.
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup molasses
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine 1 cup sugar and butter in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add molasses and egg; continue beating until well mixed.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger; beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-11 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
For the many therapeutic qualities of ginger, please see http://www.nlm.nih.gov which is the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes for Health website.