Christmas is not just about great presents! Everyone should do at least a little something to help out others, especially this time of the year. There are countless ways to help your kiddos learn to give back:
- Find gifts that give back! Check out Presents for Purpose. It's a super easy to shop website that has a huge varity of items that you can buy online and a portion of your purchase goes to charity. You can shop by charity or by item.
- Follow your heart. Do you have a particular cause that hits close to home? Merely search the worldwide web for your passion, Salvation Army, Autism, Red Cross, just to name a few. And make a donation in someone's name as a gift from that person. Just be sure that the website is the real deal and that your information is secure.
- Go local. In just about every neighborhood there are soup kitchens or shelters desperately in need of help. Try looking at your town's website or check out Houston's Food Bank website
- Host a Holiday Food drive! Having a Christmas party? Have guests bring nonperishable items to donate
- Be the example. Make a new tradition that everyone chooses one gift to donate. Check out Toys for Tots for all there local donation drop off spots
Make a difference in strangers lives while you make an impression on someone you love. Maybe they'll take your giving gift and regift it!