St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner. Just in time for one the most flirtiest holidays next to Halloween, our friends at Match.com revealed that Los Angeles was at the top of the list for the most dates in 2011.
Tied, with New York, our east coast friend and sometimes rival depending on the weather, the Singles in America study from Match shows we’re dating more in Los Angeles. Phoenix made the list in second place.
Other categories that we didn’t make the cut include:
Cities that had the most committed relationships in 2011
Cities that had the most sex in 2011
If you’re looking for some fun things to do for St. Patrick’s Day, I’ve compiled a list of ways to flirt and have fun on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Send a text message the the person you’ve had a crush on to say “Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Even if they aren’t Irish, chances are they’ll reply to you.
- Log onto your online dating site and change your profile photo to wearing something green. Do the same on Facebook and change the first line of your profile to say, “Happy St. Patrick’s Day.”
- Set up a coffee date and order the green tea Frappuccino at Starbucks or meet at an ice cream shop and grab a mint-chocolate ice cream cone.
- Wear a green button that says, “Kiss me if you’re Irish.” Chances are you’ll get at least a smile, if not a peck on the cheek.
- Put a green bandana on your dog’s collar and go to the local dog park. There’s a reason it’s called puppy love and it’s a great conversation starter.
Click here for 7 more ways to get lucky in love on St. Patrick’s Day.
Keep in mind St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to practice the art of flirting. Go ahead and wear that flashing green button to draw attention to yourself. If you are not one to visit a local pub, go to a public place and wear green and start smiling. You have permission to do it all.
Julie Spira is an online dating expert, bestselling author, and founder of CyberDatingExpert.com. For more dating and relationship advice, sign up for the Weekly Flirt newsletter, like us at Facebook.com/CyberDatingExpert and follow @LADatingAdvice on Twitter.