St. Patrick's Day will be here soon and while you're getting ready for a day of fun parades and Irish celebrations, don't miss out on your chance to add an extra lucky charm to your green outfit. President of Custom Nail Solutions and renowned nail expert, Katie Saxton has some great tips to add a little fashionable spunk to your St. Paddy's Day!
Here are some trendy nail designs you may want to try out this holiday:
1. Get Lucky Green Mani: When we think of St. Patty's day we think of green four-leafed clovers and the lush fields of Ireland. Celebrate the holiday’s staple color with a glamorous green mani! Coat your nails with a sparkly green or deep emerald green polish to get lucky and avoid getting pinched on St. Patty’s Day!
2. Lucky Gold Coin Nails: St. Patty's Day evokes images and dreams of finding a pot of gold at the end of a lucky rainbow. Make your nails your little good luck charms and find your pot of gold by painting them with a shiny or shimmery gold nail polish!
3. Irish Ombré Mani: Nothing says “Happy St. Patty’s Day!” like a mani featuring five different shades of green, the holiday’s staple color! For this fun and festive mani, have emerald green, plain green, white, and black nail polish on hand. First, paint a coat of the plain green polish on the pointer finger and let dry. Then mix a drop of the plain green polish with a drop of the white polish and paint a coat of the mixture on the thumb and let dry. For the middle finger, mix a drop of the plain green polish with a drop of the emerald green polish and paint a coat of the mixture on the nail and let dry. Paint a coat of the emerald green polish on the ring finger and let dry. For the pinky finger, mix a drop of the emerald green polish with a drop of the black polish and paint a coat of the mixture on the nail. Repeat these steps with the other hand and add a clear topcoat to complete the look!
4. Spritely Stamped Shamrocks: Jazz up your St. Patty’s Day mani with shamrock nail stamps! Before you do this design, make sure you have pale green polish, emerald green polish, clear topcoat, and a nail stamp kit with a clover stamping plate on hand. We like the stamping plate found at Born Pretty Store. Paint your nails pale green and let dry, then place emerald green polish over the shamrock design on the stamping plate, and use the nail kit’s scraper to rid the plate of excess polish. While the emerald green polish is still wet, place the stamper over the plate so the shamrock design transfers, then press the stamper down on the nail. Do this until each nail is adorned with emerald green shamrocks. Finish the look by adding a clear topcoat to each nail.
5. Charmed Water Marble Clovers: Water marble manicures look glamorous and fun for all occasions, and this look is perfect for your St. Patty’s Day get-up! To do this intricate and eye-catching design, start off with a cup of room temperature water, a bottle of emerald green polish, a bottle of pale green polish, a bottle of shimmery gold polish, tape, and several toothpicks. Place tape around the edge of the first nail, covering the cuticles. Add two drops of emerald green to the water and let spread, then a drop of pale green polish in the middle of the emerald green polish, and a drop of gold in the middle of the pale green. Then, take a toothpick and drag the top, bottom, and side edges of the polish to the center of the circle, creating a clover design. Press your nail into the clover design, use a toothpick to scrape excess polish away from the edges of the nail, and take the nail out of the water. Then remove the tape and let dry. Use a toothpick to clear the polish from the top of the water, and repeat the process with the rest of the nails. The end result: a fancy St. Patty’s Day man that will steal the spotlight wherever you celebrate!
6. Lovely Leprechaun Mani: St. Patty’s Day isn’t complete without funny and mischievous leprechauns! A mani featuring little leprechaun top hats is perfect for the holiday! For this unique and splendid St. Patty’s Day nail design, paint all of your nails deep emerald green and let dry. Then paint a stripe of black nail polish across the width of each nail and let dry, and use a toothpick to paint a shiny gold square “buckle” in the middle of each black stripe. Let dry, and finish with a topcoat.
7. Irish Accent Nail: We all love the Irish accents of leprechauns on St. Patrick’s Day, and an accent-nail mani is the perfect way to show off this special admiration. To do this mani, paint your nails green and let dry, then paint the “accent” ring finger’s nail either a emerald green or gold. For the daring manicurists that want to stand out and look extra fab at the St. Patty’s Day soiree, paint a pot o’ gold at the end of a rainbow on the “accent” ring finger. To do this, use toothpicks and red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple polish to paint a thin rainbow starting from the top left corner of the nail and ending at the bottom center of the nail. Let dry then dip a toothpick in black polish and draw the outline of a little pot at the end of the “rainbow." Fill in the pot using the black polish’s brush. Finally, dip a toothpick in shimmery gold polish and paint little polka dot “gold coins” at the top of the black pot. Voila! A fun little pot o’ gold accent nail mani that is sure to impress!
Katie is a renowned blogger and regular contributor to TV, radio, print, and online outlets covering all areas of nail care and trends. Custom Nail Solutions is a revolutionary artificial nail product offering reusable and chemical-free custom nails that uniquely fit only your nail beds. For more information, please visit Custom Nail Solutions on the web! Happy St. Patrick's Day! Be safe and have a blast!