It's March 1st, the first day of National Crafts Month. It's the perfect time to celebrate any kind of crafting, but it's also great to take a look at some scrapbooking projects for the spring, learn a new technique, or take a class at one of the Boston-area scrapbooking stores.
Last month many scrapbooking manufacturers debuted new products at the winter Craft and Hobby Association (CHA) expo in Anaheim, CA. Retailers from around the country began ordering these new products and they are starting to show up on the shelves of their stores.
- Ink About It in Westford has the new Little Darlings line from Graphic 45 in stock as well as a ton of other new products.
- Absolutely Everything in Topsfield has tons of new Tim Holtz products, including Sizzix dies, stamps, and Distress markers.
Classes and Crops
If you need some group inspiration, check out a class or a crop at a local scrapbooking store.
- The Crop Shop in Rockland, MA is holding a St. Patrick's Day crop from 9AM to 11PM on March 17th.
- Artist Dyan Reaveley will be at Ink About It in Westford on March 21st and 22nd for three technique-packed workshops.
- Colorful Creations of Hyannis is hosting "Crop on the Cape" March 15th through the 18th.
- Michael's Crafts provide a variety of classes and crop events. Visit the Michael's Classes page to download the class listings for your local store.
- ACMoore also has a few Boston area locations offering classes; visit the ACMoore website and use the store locator to find class schedules for the store near you.
Stay tuned to the Boston Scrapbooking Examiner for articles and ideas throughout March to celebrate National Crafts Month!