Screenshot of Netflix "Watch Instantly" in Google Chrome browser
As you may know if you are avid Netflix watchers and huge supporters of the open-source browser Google Chrome, the two just aren't playing nice together.
The Netflix library is constantly expanding as the company's customer base continues to grow. Netflix is in a great spot at the top of the online movie rental pyramid. Netflix has expanded with its awesome movie selection, watch instantly feature, and extensions through media devices such as Microsoft's XBOX 360. Netflix seems to be pulling way ahead of the pack with its huge selection of movies and wide range of compatibility with all sorts of desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and media extenders. Things seem to be going all to well for the online movie king...that is...until the emergence of Google Chrome.
When trying to watch Netflix movies via Google Chrome you are greeted with the image shown above. The Google Chrome web browser was not compatible (and still is not) with the Netflix Watch Instantly feature. Most people are highly disatisfied with the thought of possibly having to install a second browser to watch their movies on the go. Luckily, for all you mobile Netflix fans, this simple fix described below will have you watching instantly in Google Chrome without problems.
Watch Netflix instantly using Google Chrome
1. Close the Google Chrome program
2. Right-Click on the Google Chrome shortcut Icon
3. Click on Properties
4. Place the Cursor at the Very End of What is Shown in the Target Box
5. Tap the "SPACEBAR" one time
6. Now Copy This and Paste It after the space --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7"
7. Click Apply
8. Click OK
9. Double-Click the Google Chrome Shortcut Icon to Launch the Chrome Web Browser
10. Go to: www.netflix.com
11. Login to Your Netflix Account
12. Click on the Watch Instantly Tab
13. Watch Your Netflix Movies
If you run into issues on other Web sites just return to the TARGET section of the Shortcut Icon from STEP 2 and erase the useragent that we paste from STEP 6.