Quick start to getting healthy starts with some very simple steps. It's super easy and anyone can do it. Simply follow these steps and see where the road of wellness takes you.
1. Eat whole foods! During this journey 80% of your weight loss success will come from diet. Think of foods in their natural state. Kick things that come wrapped in cellophane or are overly packaged and contain nasty preservatives like BHT.
2. Drink water. Water is one of the most vital elements to human living. It is essential to optimum health, weight maintenance, cellular detoxification, and much more. The brain and much of the body is composed of almost 3/4 water! That’s about 75%. Water is a major component in cellular function. Moving good nutrients in and bad toxins and waste products out. It keeps the body and brain functioning at its optimum level.
3. Get real about how much you will lose. Healthy weight loss is essential to getting rid of the weight and keeping it off. You should be losing anywhere from 1 lb to 2 lbs a week. It won’t come off fast but you don’t want it to. Healthy, steady weight loss will ensure that when you reach your target goal that weight will be maintained. If you lose too much too fast your body activates a stress response that will cause you to regain the lost weight...and we don’t want that happening!
4. Supplements. Natural is better, but if you choose to use supplements stay away from man made fat burners. They pollute your body and can alter your metabolism for ever. Beware of protein powders. Choose 100% whey proteins or plant based proteins. Try Gold Standard whey or Sun Warrior. Foods in their natural state will be all of the supplements that you need.
5. Exercise. It will be imperative that you participate in a regular exercise program during. You need to be exercising at least 30 minutes 5 days a week. This exercise should be of vigorous intensity. Cardiovascular training will be the best type of exercise to aide in your weight loss.
6. Take time to de-stress. Whatever it is that brings you some Zen, do it. Yoga, cycling, reading, meditation, listening to oceans sounds, whatever, you need this time!