Some people believe mascara is mascara as long as it coats your lash. But from New York to California women make a fuss over which mascara to buy. Cosmetics companies do tons of research into developing new mascaras. Well, irrespective of all the research and technology there are some tricks of the trade that will help you achieve great lashes regardless of the mascara you choose.
• 1) Let the layers dry between each coat to avoid clumping.
• 2) Use two different mascara formulas.
• 3) Find the right wand. Full wands are for volume and thickening. Tapered wands are for lengthening and separation.
• 4) Use brown mascara on inner lashes and a black on outer lashes to add dimension.
• 5) To thicken sprinkle a little powder on your lash.
• 6) Use a rolling technique when applying the mascara; roll the wand through your top lashes in a circular motion.
• 7) Apply your mascara in sections. Use your finger to apply first to the inner lashes, center lashes, and outer lashes
• 8) Take off any excess with a tissue before applying to prevent messes.
• 9) If you want to use colored mascara, apply white mascara first then apply the colored mascara to intensify the color.
• 10) Bend your wand so you get to those hard to reach lashes.
• 11) Use a lash primer.
What do I keep in my kit?
Maybelline Great Lash, $4.49, www.maybelline.com