The laid-back PGA of Canada head teaching professional at the west-end course delves into one aspect of the game each Tuesday evening this season starting at 5 p.m. for a fee of $15 plus HST.
“These sessions ease women and men into the game at a pace that doesn’t overwhelm them,” said Bernard. “The clinics are on a ‘just show-up’ basis, no reservation is required.”
Here are the topics for the upcoming get-togethers:
- Chipping - Discover how to bump-and-run the ball closer to the hole using different clubs.
- Pitching - Learn to hit that five to 50 yard shot.
- Short-irons - Discover full swing mechanics with an eight-iron, nine-iron and pitching wedge.
- Mid-irons – Full swing mechanics with the five-iron, six-iron and seven-iron. Practise hitting balls off the fairway.
- Putting – Learn how to read greens and a putting system that helps players make more putts.
- Long-irons and hybrids – Discover how to hit three-irons, four-irons, five-irons and hybrids.
- Fairway woods – Learn to hit three-wood, five-wood, seven-wood and nine-wood.
- Driver – Discover how to hit drives longer and straighter.
Glen Mar is located at 7967 Fernbank Rd. near Ashton.
For more details, call 613.257.5181 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.