Aveda Global Creative Director Antoinette Bender was in full fashion week mode creating exciting looks all week. At OSKLEN Brazilian fashion label, the look a sleek shiny up do.
Bender created a sleek high performance ponytail with "Diamonds" in mind.
Using four products: Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother, Aveda Air Control Hair Spray, Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Spray, and Brilliant Retexurizing gel and a little effort you too can create this look at home.
Bender mentioned she likes the look of the Brilliant gel "because it liquifies and looks really chic." This gave the look a gemstone diamond like shine. But was emphasized on one side for a unique glaze effect.
Using at T3 steam iron for wet or dry hair keeps hair straight and healthy"We are about wellness here at Aveda" said Bender.
Here is how Bender created this look, which is way more than a ponytail :
- Step 1: Prep hair with Aveda Smooth Infusion™ Style-Prep Smoother™ and blow dry straight with a round brush.
- Step 2: Flat iron hair in sections, beginning at the back of the head and moving forward. Spray a light coat of Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray to each section before ironing to ensure a sleek, totally straight finish.
- Step 3: Part hair across the crown of the head, creating two sections. Gather the bottom section into a ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with elastic.
- Step 4: Part the top section of hair on the right side of the head at a slight diagonal, creating two sections of hair.
- Step 5: Separate a small section of hair from the back of the right section with a fine tooth comb. Saturate each section with Aveda Control Force™ Firm Hold Hair Spray and comb back toward the nape of the neck, tight to the head. Layer each section over the previous to create a sleek, smooth side.
- Step 6: Gather this section at the nape and cross over the top of the ponytail and clip.