In the warmer months it seems the weekend starts just a little bit earlier than it does the rest of the year. Thursday night replaces Friday as the ultimate date night as couples sip drinks on a patio or stroll through the village looking for just the right restaurant. Flirty sundresses and gladiator-inspired sandals become wardrobe staples and matching your makeup to the feminine look is paramount.
Enter Shawn Towne, jane iredale Global Educator, who has created the ideal summer date look to get you through the rest of the summer in style.
- Start with a primer to refine the skin increase longevity and give a healthy glow. Apply it with your fingers or use a brush. Next apply jane iredale Amazing Base in a color of your choice. Try dusting it on with our new refillable brush. It applies the perfect amount of product every time and it’s portable for touch ups. Apply a concealer under the eyes, along the tops of the cheekbones and to the center of the chin to give an illuminated look to the complexion.
- On the cheeks, apply a stain with your fingers, starting in the apples and blending outward. To give a rich, bronzy glow to your skin, apply a bronzer to the outer perimeters of the face, dusting under the cheekbones, into the temples and along the jawline.
- Before applying any eye shadow, prime the eyes with jane iredale Brown Silk Eye Gloss from the lashes to the brow bone to give warmth and depth. Blend until the product feels dry on your lids. Now apply Supernova PurePressed Eye Shadow over the entire lid and into the crease. Then, darken the outer corner of your eyes with Dark Suede PurePressed Eye Shadow blending in an upward and outward direction. You can also apply under eye along the lower lash line using a smudge brush. Lastly, line the upper lash line with brown liner.
- Enhance the brows with a brow gel or pencil in a color of your choice and finish off the eyes by curling the lashes and applying a lengthening or thickening mascara.
- Complete the look with the perfect pout with a glossy lip that is begging for a goodnight kiss.
But remember - while we've given you the goods to look flawless, securing the second date is entirely up to you.